The Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI) is an AHA (American Homebrewers Association) sanctioned club based in the Indianapolis, IN area. We are also the current Indiana Homebrew Club of the Year! We have been in existence since the mid 1980's. This website is just a starting point to introduce you to our club. We use a Yahoo Group Site for internal club communications and we have a Public Facebook Page for others to follow our activities.
Our Facebook page can be found here FBI Public Facebook Page. Anyone can follow this page. Most of our meetings and activities are posted on this page and anyone is welcome to attend our meetings. You don't have to be a member to attend some initial meetings. See more information about our different meetings below.
Our Yahoo Group page is for our internal communications and you need to be a member to join this group site. If you are not a member, there may still be some information visible to the public on the homepage of this site that may be of interest to you. If you are a member or are ready to join, just click the JOIN button on the homepage, add a message and submit your request. You will then be authorized to view the rest of the site, as well as receive emails, etc. This site is located here FBI Members Yahoo Group Site.
To join the Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI), please read the instructions, then print, fill out and mail the following application along with your annual dues.
Below are a couple recent photos of some of our club members. Many more photos can be see on the Facebook page. Further below is additional information about our meetings, club t-shirts and more. Thanks for your interest in the Foam Blowers of Indiana and we hope to see you at a meeting soon!
Some of the club members and their awards at the Indiana Brewers Cup.
A nice pic of our club bar that we use for special events and beer festivals.
The club has mutliple different types of meetings and events, including...
Our main monthly meeting is held at Triton Brewery on the first Wednesday evening of each month. We meet in the back next to the fermenters and barrels where some great Triton beer is being made. What a great setting for a homebrew meeting! At this meeting, we typically highlight a specific style of beer. The club covers the cost of a couple commercial examples to taste and we discuss the style. Then, we taste homebrewed examples of this style, as well as any other styles. If the brewer wants feedback, we will openly discuss it. Otherwise, we will just sample it and say thanks. We appreciate Triton's hospitality and try to thank them by buying a beer (or two).
Our other monthly meeting is typically held at a member's home on a Saturday afternoon (maybe from around 2:00 - 6:00). These meetings are generally more social in nature, with spouses / significant others and friends being welcome. Members bring homebrew, commercial beers, a food dish and enjoy an afternoon of good beer and friends that enjoy the homebrewing hobby.
We have a quarterly meeting that is a more technical educational meeting, referred to as our CIA Meeting. This meeting originally grew out of a BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) Study Group and continues to be a technical session for advanced homebrewers. CIA stands for Central Indiana Alliance of Beer Judges and these meetings are great continuing education meetings for BJCP judges, but any homebrewers wanting advanced knowledge are welcome to attend. These meetings are often held at Great Fermentations' Indianapolis Store's training room and typically consist of a formal presentation, a speaker, a tasting, etc.
Another quarterly meeting is referred to as our Pub Night Meetings. These meetings are generally held at a local brewpub, beer bar, winery, etc. These meetings are part social and part educational as we often get brewery tours and have discussions with the brewers, etc. Members will usually gather at a large table and may enjoy dinner as part of this meeting.
Other meetings and events throughout the year include:
- The Brew-B-Q / Indiana Homebrew Club Day - This is a gathering that we host for all the homebrew clubs in the state to get together in a fun, non-competitive environment and celebrate our hobby and being in a club. You can learn more about this event at its dedicated Facebook page.
- The Heavy Hydrometer FBI-Members-Only Club Competition - A club competition for big beers that has been running for over 20 years!
- AHA National Conference - A group of members usually attends this annual event each summer. When it is close to the Midwest, we usually have a very large group and participate in Club Night, serving beer, dressing like 1950's FBI agents, etc.
- Indiana Brewers Guild Winterfest - We typically participate in this festival and serve some of our homebrew for attendees to enjoy.
- Conner Prairie's History on Tap Beer Festival - We typically participate in this festival and serve some of our homebrew for attendees to enjoy, while also often brewing a batch of beer.
- Indiana State Fair Brewers Cup Competition - We have won Homebrew Club of the Year multiple times. We typically have a large group of people that attend this event, help judge or steward, and then serve beer at the Awards Reception. Learn more at Indiana Brewers Cup.
- And many more!
NOTE that Ron Smith's BJCP Study Group sessions are not officially a club activity, but lots of FBI members do participate in them. To learn more about these BJCP Study Group sessions and becoming a BJCP Judge, see Ron's Beer MBA Website.
CLUB SHIRTS - We have t-shirts (as well as other types of apparel) available at www.zazzle.com/ronzzz*. LOOK FOR SHIRTS WITH THE UPDATED LOGO COMING SOON! Please use this link anytime you order shirts (including the asterisk), because this is a special link that allows the club to earn a few dollars off of each sale (the cost is the same either way, so let the club get these couple dollars rather than the shirt company).
For website corrections, link issues, comments, suggestions, critiques, articles, reviews, etc., please email Ron Smith at Info -AT- MarketWiseSolutions -DOT- com.